Sunday, July 20, 2008

More Wedding update

OK so I stopped on Friday - Friday was a great day. We had an excellent lunch for the bridal luncheon - Thank you Hallie and Hillary for putting that all together. Great place, food and of course company. The place was off the Reedy river - Mary's - very good if you are in the area.
From there we went to get to ready for the rehearsal. Erik took pictures, while I learned the ins and outs of reading for a wedding. I love the church - Prince of Peace Catholic Church - very beautiful with tons of natural light. Even the wedding coordinators from the church were nice unlike the one that helped at my wedding and Bobby/Hallie wedding!
Then it was off to Brad's restaurant - Gerald's - great place once again if in the area you should try it out. The food was wonderful - I LOVED the raviolis they were filled with butternut squash - yum yum. But that night I got the nickname of Mrs. Martini from the groom Dad. In my defence I was trying different ones and letting everyone taste them so in reality I did not drank one full one by myself - and if you know Bobby he helps a lot when he likes one and he loved the Key Lime one which we really need to get the recipe for (hint hint)everyone was great that night. Once again great food, great drinks and great people!
WEDDING DAY!!
Saturday was the big day and everyone was ready. I went to the church at noon to help out in anyway needed. Everyone was relaxed - I think. The dress was beautiful. The bridesmaid look happy and their dresses were beautiful also. They took pictures and then it was time.
The wedding itself was short and sweet. I was nerves for no reason the reading was fine - I really liked how the pulpit was off to the side not in the front of the church so even though everyone was looking I not not as aware.
The reception was fun fun. One thing I found odd was the groomsmen did not dance, but to each its own. But don't worry the bridesmaids and friends made up for that. KK fell a sleep in the middle of everything. The wedding cake was really pretty and the grooms Donuts were plentiful. Jaxon and Tommy found some little boy with a DS so they were happy.
Then Bride and Groom looked so happy as they left for their week in Boston!

No comments: