Sunday, February 27, 2011

where did the time go

It is amazing how fast the time seems to be flying by - except when I think it has only been 2 weeks since Erik left for Qatar then the time seems to stand still!
I realized last night that next weekend is Mardi Gras. There are sooo many people heading to disney next week, they should just call it south Louisiana week there. We have the whole week off and all I have planned is a trip to the dentist, which I need to make an appointment for.
I should be icing a cake but I am enjoying the quite morning before the kids get up and start fighting about one thing or another, I really need to work with Jaxon on seeing the positive side of things. Last night we went to a parade with Ethan and Brayden and Rachel, charley and Taylor. We all had fun, but instead of seeing the things he did get he kept pointing out all the stuff he did not get - he doesn;t even play with the footballs but he was upset they were throwing them at Brayden and not him - well Brayden was on his dad's shoulders and he was at ground level - explain that to a 7 year old! Before that we went to a birthday party at the skating rink - the kids skated the whole time but when asked if Jaxon had fun, he says no because he hurt his knee. AHHHH, you did have fun and now you have a man mark (as he calls it)
But we did have a super fun saturday - Pinkalious in the morning, skating, then a parade all that was missing was Erik

now I really need to go finish this cake!

No comments: