Monday, December 20, 2010

End of great 2 weeks!

Well Erik is on a flight back to Qatar and this was the hardest good-bye so far. We had a wonderful time while he was home. Jaxon had he birthday and a super fun party. He also started indoor soccer, which is a very high speed game that he loves. KK finished another round of gym and had her parent watch for Dance. 2 painting date nights which we have beautiful pictures from - if you had not try it - what are you waiting for??
Erik was home for the Christmas parties - our neighbors Friends Christmas and then the Comeaux party. It was just a wonderful 2 weeks! for the first time I actually cried this morning when it was time to get up know that he would not be there for 6 weeks to keep me warm. Then at the airport KK was crying so that mad both of us cry.
This is not our first Christmas morning with out Erik, he has missed due to shift work but this is the first time we will not see him at all on Christmas. So I have to keep a smile and make this a great Christmas for the kids! I think the hardest part is going to be when I tell them they have to wait to open Santa gifts till Daddy gets on Skype!

1 comment:

megan said...

I'm sorry it is so hard. My mother always told me "You can do anything for a year". Take this experience, learn, grow, and use it to make you a stronger person. Oh, and come to my house to play;-)