Monday, December 27, 2010

Taco Dinner

I am not sure if I posted this or not but my kids love Tacos - ok Jaxon loves Taco and in one of the WW cookbook they have Healthy Beef-n-bean tacos

1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 lb lean ground beed
1 onion (i use what ever I have - sweet, white or red and the all work great)
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup water ( I use 1/2 cup when I double the recipe)
1 1/4 cup fat-free refried beans

cook beef, onion, garlic, and season mix,
stir in water cook until liguid has evaporated
stir in beans and heat through
spoon about 1/4 cup of beef mixture into each taco shell

2 tacos - 318 cal, 9g fat, 41 carbs, 7 g fiber

I made it tonight with Tommy and Maddie here, after telling me it did not look like their Moms they tasted it and ate it. The beans make the taco meat look more like a paste then the crumbed meat.

No comments: