Sunday, January 09, 2011

raining Sunday

Ok so the points plan are not working so well for us, I forget to give out the chips - maybe this week will be better. I did have a good week, I tried cleaning out the toy room but the kids were helping so there was not a whole lot they were willing to part with, but this week I will get in there again and get rid of more stuff - right now it is just a box and a black garbage bag. I didn't workout as many times as I should have but I did make it to church with the kids and had a great lunch with my friends instead. I even took Katie on a play date which everyone enjoyed. I planned on staying 2 hours and we ended up being there for almost 4. The Mom and I worked on box tops and CC labels for the school (if you need a place to send yours I will take them) The school had a teacher doing all the work and she was too busy so we were losing money because they were expiring before she got around to mailing them in. Today I separated 750 Community Coffee labels which is over $75!! This is what the school had collect since the last pick-up in December! Oh back to the play date, Katie's classmate has an older sister in 3rd grade and her Jaxon played the whole time! So it was a great afternoon - minus the Saints oh well next year!
Today we had Jax indoor soccer game, which is always fun to watch such a fast pace game. His coach was getting on him for not following through with the ball, hopefully he will listen to him.

Now lets talk about the report cards.... Jaxon got all A so that is great, very proud of him
Katie does not get grades but she gets S - satisfactory , N - needs improvement , and c area of concern. She got 4 Ns
Listens attentively , stays on task, concept of Rhyming words, and directional words... when I saw this I wondered who's report card I got. If she is not listening and staying on Task then why has she never moved her clothes pen, shouldn't I have been made aware of this before it is on her report card. And rhyming words - come on we read Dr. Seuess all the time and their favorite ebook is the Rhyming Dust Bunnies. She runs around the house rhyming. The Directional words does not make sense either. So I need to find out if everyone got that mark (I know at least 2 other girls did) because they are just now learning them in class and felt they have not taught them enough or what. What is the testing or evaluation used for this. Ok I now this is only Pre-K and I should take this with a grain of salt but don't put marks like that on a report card with out explaining the process. One of the other Moms is just going to wait and see, while the other Mom had already sent the teacher an email. Really what are you expecting for a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds??

1 comment:

mariposa77 said...

That is TOTALLY not cool of the teacher - regardless. You should have had some warning!
YAY Jax!