Monday, September 15, 2008

Carpool lines

Ok I have a rant and I could go on for hours about how stupid people are in the car pool lines at each of the schools I have to sit in line for!
1 - KK's MDO school has a simple map - you go in one driveway then turn down the 1st alse, then turn down the part of the parking lot that the other entrence turns in at and go around the parking lot, keeping our cars off the road where many many other people are trying to pass but instead of going to the right entrence these people have to turn in to the wrong one and block the street. Those of us that can read and follow simple direction go to the right entrence and then have to wait while those fools feel like letting us in or there line ends. Today I had one of those fool tailgate the car in front so I could not get in and we ended up in the same group for loading the kids - so why was she such a bitch and why did it bother me???
2 - Jaxon's school has a no cell phone in line rule - for the safety of the kids and teachers. People can not follow this rule and they don't even try to hide it! Once again why does that bug me? Oh because they can not follow simple rules!
3 - back to KK's school - they ask if you don't want to use the carpool line then park on the other side of the church and walk to get your child. They have stressed many many times that they did not want you to cross the line of cars by yourslef and especially with your child - saftey of the children come fisrt. Since we have been doing carpool (1 week) I have seen no less then 4 mom's a day break this rule. Now I am not saying I follow every rule out there but these are simple and some of them could use the walk from the other parking lot!
4 - Back to Jaxon's carpool drama - ok drama was too big of a word to explain but it is crazy none the less. We line up in 2 lines in the parking lot the right line turns right and the left lane turn left when you exit the school. Very simple right. Wrong once again everyday there is at least 2 cars that are in the wrong lane and if you are behind them you have to wait to see if someone in the right lane will be nice enough to let there dumb ass in. The thing that bugs me about this one is - no matter which way you turn you end up on Airline Hwy. One is a longer street but faster light other shorter street but slower light - same amount of time!!!

OK I am done. I did not go back and read this so it may sound confusing but then you would get the idea of what carpool is like!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, I totally do the park, walk, and pick up Tommy. I don't have to cross the street but it's worth not being in the crazy traffic!

EriK said...

You can send 'em to school, train, and even try to mentor people to make them better; however, I have learned one thing about people (especially in LA) you can't fix stoopid!