Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trial run

Completed my first week of Art of Strength training - wow did nit realize how little I actually worked out before and the crazy thing is I love it. Now while I am doing it I don't like it but I power through. Some things I have learned

I may be right handed but my left Leg is stronger then the right. My theory is - my back - I still have lots of pain mostly on my right side and mostly in my right leg. I take aleve every night just to sleep through the pain. So I think I babied that side and over the years have made it significantly weaker. They say this training will help that.
The next thing I learned is that Erik was right (yes I said it, Erik was right) I really have not been working out enough or doing enough. Now I am not seeing physical changes yet but I do feel better overall and now I drip sweat ( gross). Sweat is perfume of the fit ....
I am actually enjoying working out - after the fact that is. While I am being tortured I am not feeling the love. But afterwards I really realize I am enjoying this program. And I am disappointed that I will miss this Friday and Monday. Then 2 weeks straight in May/June and another week in June! I am trying to figure out what I can do so I do not go back to ground zero with the soreness. The colorado I will bring the TRX with me ( who is this person that wants to exercise?)
I even started tracking my food again today because I realized it was pointless to workout and then eat bad and I need to make sure I am eating enough!
Now if I could only get some more sleep tonight. Woke up at 3:00 and have been up since it is now 5, I have been doing laundry :(


Yeah life!

No comments: