Thursday, April 22, 2010

tools I use

As I was cleaning the kitchen today I realized I use a lot of tools during the day! Measuring spoons are by far the most popular with cups coming in a close second. I love my new cookbook as I have told you in every post but it really does ask for a look of measuring in some dishes!
Today I did not have that great of luck with the new dishes:
egg mug mexicali was ok, better once I added it to a tortilla, I just did not like the texture of it.
pumpkin pie smoothie was too pumpkiny - I am not sure if it was the pumpkin I used or what - could not find the libby one so I had to get what they had, I don't think I will make it again and find out the reason, too many really good ones. Even Erik did not love it and he LOVES pumpkin pie!
and for dinner we had slow-cookin' mexican chicken which was good - I added it to a bed of spinach and really enjoyed it, Erik said it was boring.
SO as you can see nothing great came out of this but still love the cookbook!

It looks like Erik will be leaving May 6th, we do not know what to expect. I can not even tell you how I feel about it. There are still too many unknown about the job, which we will not get answers to till he gets over there. So this weekend we are taking the kids to New Orleans for a fun kids weekend, aquarium and children's museum and swimming in the hotel pool, and what ever else we can fit in. Also heading to Kelly's restaurant, love that place!

We did get Just Dance in today for the wii, I am a little sore from doing the 4 songs with Jaxon. The kids and I had a great time dancing, Jaxon bet me on 2 and I bet him on the other 2 - KK just danced!

No comments: