Wednesday, January 30, 2008

more toe update

OK so I went to the Dr today and he really really hurt me!!! Not while I was there but now that is has been awhile all the messing with it - it hurts as bad as the day i did it. So let's see what I did to my toe

1- Fractured the second section (the one under the joint) but he said that looks good



2- dislocated the joint - which is the problem. right now I have it slinted and wrapped. I have to keep it like this for 2 weeks, I am in a walking boot which he wants me to sleep in (yeah not sure that is going to happen) After 2 weeks we will do more x-rays and see if the slint is working if not then they will have to go in and remove the joint and fuse or put a metal plate in - this is a one time deal. If I did the rod then later on I may need to have the joint removed and a metal plate put in.
3 - sprand the joint where your toe and foot meet - this is really painful now that the slint is on because it is pushing on it.

So that is that. Needless to say I am not a happy person right now. I HURT
Here are some pictures of the overkill walking boot:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I wonder if all of that was from the inital break - or the wear and tear over the last few weeks! Poor foot! Poor you that is just terrible! Rest and it's not too bad sleeping in a boot. It wakes you up a little when you turn, but when you take it off you miss it.